Saturday, August 14, 2010

Blue Man Group??? 8/13/2010

Aiden ALMOST succeeded in
covering his entire body
in blue paint...
You wont hear me complaining about many things, I'm grateful for all I have....but one thing I hate about having to stay up all nite is missing some of the action during the day.  Luckily Juan took pictures of Aiden covered in blue paint.  Perhaps he wants to try out for Blue Man Group.  I was told he was more interested in smearing paint all over his face than the paper....silly blue Luv Muffin!

Today was another mellow day.  Thank goodness we had a nurse till 7pm (our one 12 hr day per week),  cuz Juan and I cleaned and prepped my mom's sleeping quarters.  EEEEK!  I'm so excited!!! She gets here tomorrow!  Aiden has been brushing up on his skills....doing the "chugga chugga chugga...choooo choooo!", wrapping himself up in the upstairs curtains so tight that he can barely move, applauding after every song sung or played on the piano.  Today for some reason, everytime I was finished doing the "Itsy Bitsy Spider," he would applaud with pretty much his whole body....legs flailing, eyes wide open, huge smile...clapping feverishly.  Then he would do the "out comes the sun" part himself.  It really doesn't take much to make Aiden happy!  Another silly thing he's been doing is...everytime I sing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat", he rolls his arms thinking I'm singing "Roll, Roll, Roll Your Boat". Honest mistake, it sounds like roll. I personally think I actually like THAT version better.

...but Dad and Nurse Melanie
stopped him in his tracks. 
Sooooo close!
Today was Aiden's trache change.  Once a week, Juan, our nurse, and I have our routine down and Aiden is soooo cooperative.  What the heck, I'll tell you how we do Aiden's trache change...I'm sure 95% of you have never seen it done. First we wrap Aiden up in a blanket like a burrito with his hands tucked in.  You would THINK he'd hate it, but he laughs everytime.  Then, Juan unfastens the trache tie and our nurse wipes the fuzzies and crumbs (that part is a fabrication) around his chubby little neck (teehee), then dries it. After that, we put a couple rolled up towels under his shoulders to help his head go back. Juan lays Aiden back onto the towels and quickly removes the trache as the nurse holds up his neck "fat" up...I can't think of a better word right now.  Juan then wipes and dries the area and slips the new trache in.  And there you have  it...it happens so quick!  I bet you are wondering...what do YOU do, Chrissy?  I prep the tie and the trache and I'm the cheerleader!  After each trache change, Aiden sits up and wiggles out of the blanket...and this week, he applauded with a big smile on his face.  (seems to be an applaud theme today) So I guess Aiden approved!!  When we first brought Aiden home, his weekly trache change was such a traumatic experience.  He would freak out and cry, which in turn made US freak out and cry.  But now we got it down...like a well oiled machine!!  It's just something that's gotta be done and it's no longer a big deal. So, now you kinda know how to change a trache....and hopefully you will never have to do it.  Ya never know though, a question about trache changes could come up when you finally get on 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire'.

Well, I better go unhook Aiden from his feeding...must be nice to eat and sleep...or eat and play.  I just can't wait till he can actually EAT or drink.  He is very curious everytime we eat...and he insists on dunking his hand in our icy beverages.  What ever floats his boat.  Or as Aiden might say..."rolls his boat". Tonite I'm REALLY gonna try to catch a nap...good nite!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment