Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My first official post...I don't waste time! 8/11/2010

Well, I stayed up ALL nite starting my new blog, but quite frankly, it's not much different than any other nite.  I stay up all nite watching Aiden.  I bet u are wondering why.  First off, our nursing agency couldn't find nursing for overnite hours, so we adjusted. With Aiden having a trache, we always have to make sure his trache doesn't plug up. It's his only airway.  He wears an apnea monitor as he sleeps and that will tell us if he's in distress.  But I don't want it to get to that point!  Also...that blue hose thingy you always see hooked up to Aiden when he is sleeping is for humidity.  It keeps his sucretions moving and avoids plugs.  Now he's a crazy sleeper and always get wrapped up in the hose and there is always a chance the humidity condensation can drip into his trache...which can be bad.  Anyhoo...it doesn't matter much anyways....he decided to wake up at 5:30am wanting mama to PLAY!!  So even if I could fall asleep after I feed him at 1am, it would be worthless.  No...I'm not complaining, he still managed to crack me up!  Sometimes I think it's easier to stay awake than to be woken up abruptly.  :-D  So, that's my first post. WOOHOO!!! Now I'm going to sleep...till 3:00pm...and I don't feel 1 ounce guilty about it!!!!!  Nite nite!!

1 comment:

  1. It is funny how much you take for granted a full nights sleep.....you treasure it so much when you do! Having two grown-up "babies", I can tell you that it DOES get better in the sleep category. Hang in there sister!

    ReplyDelete