Saturday, August 28, 2010

Meet Murphy.... 8/27/2010


Murphy and his
new buddy
seems to ALMOST
be potty trained
What a crazy couple of days, let me tell you.  Nothing too out of the ordinary, except for the sudden introduction of a new puppy to our family!  Cristian and Ivan's mom's dog had a litter of puppies and the mom  suddenly stopped feeding them, so we feel like we need to save him.  All the other puupies have already found homes. He's only 6 weeks old and he's a YorkyPoo  and he is the cutest thing (other than AIDEN)!  First and foremost, we want to make sure he grows healthy and strong...then we'll know for sure if we can keep him...with all that's going on in our lives....surgeries...the Luv Muffin, etc.  As of  now, we named him Murphy....what do you think?  I think he LOOKS like a Murphy. 

I'm totally bummed that my mom left today!!!  Aiden wouldn't let her leave.  I'm certain he misses his GrammaDonna already.  :-(  I can't WAIT for the day that we can live close by...it's just not natural to live so far away from my mama.  (or my sister!!!!) 

Yesterday, my mom and Juan went to Target while I was in the shower and came home with a few things for Aiden.  She almost left our home without buying Aiden a toy...ALMOST!  She bought him the coolest fire truck push wagon with a light and siren.  He absolutely ADORES it!  My mom always knows what to buy.  We decided it was too gorgeous outside not to spend the afternoon in the backyard.  We took a blanket and some toys...including the Fire Truck and played in the grass.  We even pulled out the tent that Ivan, Aiden's brother, bought him for his first birthday.

It was wonderful!  The most perfect weather.  Even Veronica came out and her little Karla gave our outdoor swing a try for the first time.  She wasn't afraid at all!  Aiden also became brave enough to face his fears and go down his little slide all by himself...with a towel covering the grass OF COURSE!!! God forbid the grass touch his feet upon landing... EEEEEEEK!  We had BBQ Chef, Juan, grill us some chicken for dinner...heavenly as always!  I sure know how to pick 'em....he's a keeper!
Pikachu...a rare playful moment...
Murphy works his magic
After we played outside, we headed in and hung out in the upstairs living room.  One of the other odd things about these couple of days is, Pikachu, Juan's old and usually timid Chihuahua was like a puppy again!  It was the strangest thing!  Playful and lovable...we think it may be the daily dose of aspirin he's been getting.  Maybe he's had arthritis all this time and we didn't know it.  Juan even gave him a bath.  Shortly after that....Cristian walked in with that adorable fur ball we now call Murphy.  It was so funny because my mom and I were like..."are you crazy, we need a puppy here like we need a hole in the head!"  Then we held him.  That was a horrible move on our parts.  Now my mom wants him...Juan wants him...I want him...our nurse wants him.  How can you hold a puppy and not fall in love???  Aiden was mildly interested...he touched him a little here and there.  Aiden is a giant next to Murphy, he can inflict some serious bodily harm!  But I'm teaching him how to pet him ever so gently....


Today was pretty much spending time with my mom and Aiden.  I always HATE the last day of my mom's visits because I'm always watching the clock.  It always goes way too fast.  We spent some time outside.  But before we knew it, it was time to drive mom to the airport.  We went inside so that my mom could say good bye to the family. We didn't say "goodbye"...we said "see ya later!"  I miss her already.  When is your next visit mom??? I know you're reading this....

Ivan and Murphy....
Then we spent the rest of the day and evening playing with Aiden and Murphy.  There is nothing cuter than seeing Juan feed this tiny little puppy a mini bottle of milk.  Murphy is sleeping in our room tonite because the boys went to their mom's for the weekend.  Now I have TWO babies to watch over!  At one point, Murphy started to pretty much climb out of his laundry basket bed....so I took him out to the living room at  1:30am and played with him.  He's got SPUNK!  I dread when he gets his needle-like teeth in.  OOOOOUCH!!!!!!!!!  Aiden is sleeping peacefully, already fed.  Every now and then Murphy cries.  I'm not even going to even try to pretend to think I'm going to fall asleep tonite.  One things for sure...I'm going to sleep INSANELY late tomorrow.  You can count on that!!! 

Below are a couple cute videos...




No comments:

Post a Comment