Monday, September 13, 2010

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood... Sept 12, 2010

Wow, I think we all needed today.  A  gorgeous 75 degree day...sunny with a light breeze.  It made me feel human again!  I made me realize...the worst is OVER! (for this phase of his jaw distraction, anyways).  As you know, I spent all last nite finishing my last blog...then I realized, I hope some of the pictures weren't too graphic.  I just wanted to share the WHOLE experience with everyone...and believe me, there were worse pictures in my possession!  So, really, I did show some mercy.  My goodness, Aiden slept like a ROCK last nite!!!  I think he feels secure again. When our nurse, Sandy came at 7am, we carried the sleeping Luv Muffin to his secondary napping crib (play pen) hoping he wouldn't wake up.  He did go to bed late last nite. But ofcourse, talking with Sandy about all that is new with Aiden, he woke right up.  OOPSY!  When we got Aiden out of his 'crib', Sandy was floored with how good Aiden looked!!!  The swelling has gone done almost completely, and the drainage from the pin sights has almost completely stopped.  She was thrilled.  Sandy loves Aiden like he is her own....so it is great news for her!  Ofcourse Aiden is always excited to see Nurse Sandy.  After we got done talking with Sandy...I made a bee line for my bed.  I did not sleep a wink that night, so I fell right to sleep!

My alarm rudely woke me up at 3:30pm.  Mean alarm.  I did my usual Facebook/Blog check and then headed to the shower.  Then I went out to the living room to find Juan and Sandy watching Football...Aiden was in his crib just waking up from his nap.  He had his butt in the air...it was so funny!  I got the run down on how everything went today.  He did throw up....but we don't think it's from the Bactrim.  He was in a good mood till then!  The great news was that when Aiden fell asleep in papa's arms and Sandy did the pin turns, he barely moved!  And NO CRYING, and almost no fussing!  I was so happy to hear that!!!  I was so close to doing the happy dance...but I refrained.  Veronica, Juan's sister, and her 4 month old daughter, Karla, came down to say hi, and that's when Aiden wanted out of the crib.  He is so fascinated with Karla...whenever she babbles or cries, he  has to see what happening.  It's so cute.  They will be best of friends one day...just you wait and see!  As always, Aiden was his chipper self after his noon nap.  I swear, the swelling went down even more since I saw him this morning. 


Sandy did her final vitals and left around 5pm and Juan and I took Aiden out for a Sunday drive in his little red car.  I bet he was so happy to be outside again!  I wish everyday was like today.  But then again, we wouldn't enjoy it as much if is was.  I ate my lunch/dinner on the front step after we took Aiden around the block and watched Juan push Aiden around the driveway. It cracks me up how he holds the steering wheel with one hand, and puts his arm over the seat.  Teehee!  After I ate, we knew we had to feed Murphy and take him outside, so we brought Aiden in the backyard for a swing.  Patty, Michelle and Larry came by to visit.  Such a lovely afternoon.  Once we went back inside, we did the usual 'follow Aiden' routine as he walked around and around the upstairs level of the house.  He loves the curtains, he loves the bedroom ceiling fans and gramma's bed and pillows, he loves Tony, the boxer's cage!  The nite before, I taught Aiden the sign for elephant, and when I 'tested' him...he remembered!  Such a quick study! 


Around 8pm, it was time to feed Aiden.  I got Aiden's food ready and we got him all set up, Juan watched him eat while I got everything ready for the evening 'care'.  Lots to do...and it's better to be organized!  I have a ritual that I do every nite...I feel all discombobulated if I don't do it. I also snuck in a call to my mom.  I know she wishes she was here right now...but the phone calls, Facebook, and this blog helps her to feel like she's here.  (same with my sister!)  After Aiden finished eating, we brought him down from off the high chair and we played a little.  He started gurgling...nothing bad!  just his usual...he needs a suction...but I think it hit him wrong because he started making his 'baby crocodile' sounds, which always means he's trying not to throw up.  Unfortunately, he did.  But very little.  Ughhhhh....poor Luv Muffin...or as Michelle calls him...Puffin! He recovered quickly and resumed playing....but quite frankly, he was plum tuckered.  He could barely stand.  So we brought the sleepy Aiden in the bedroom where we do all of his nite time care and got ready.  Tonite, it seemed like the area around the pin sites hurt when Juan cleaned them.  I hate seeing him cry and squirm...but it must be done.  We put his ear drops in and put on his pjs on and he was all better.  Cristian and Ivan came home from their mom's house...said their hellos...and Aiden was off to bed!!  He was asleep by 10:40pm!  Amazing.  I think he's back on schedule already!  I was so worried it would take forever for him to get back on track.

Tomorrow is day FOUR of the pin turning, and tomorrow we start doing 2 full turns on each side.  That is 1mm...equivalent to the width of a quarter.  I took a stack of quarters to see what that looked like (7...then 14...then 21) and it was amazing how long that was!  I still can't imagine it.  Aiden has stood up once in the nite, but he went right back to sleep.  I think I feel good enough about taking a light nap...but I have to wait and give him his 4am Tylenol dose.  Alternating Motrin and Tylenol every three hours is really helping manage any pain he might feel otherwise....so far.  Thank GOODNESS!  Tomorrow, Linda McClean, the nurse manager from Independence Plus, is coming by for her post surgery visit.  She's such a sweet lady!  So I want to wake up by 2pm...that's not too unreasonable!  Good Night ya'll!


Aiden thought is was so funny that he could see me on the other end of Tony, the Boxer's cage

No comments:

Post a Comment