Sunday, February 27, 2011

Two Days Later... Feb. 26, 2011

It's 4am already....Aiden's time clock is a little screwed up today.  He didn't take a nap till 7:30pm and slept till close to 11pm!!  I couldn't bring it to myself to wake him up...he's healing, after all.  Today he looks much better!  Less puffiness and less bruising.  When he had the distractor put in and his jaw was 'cut', the left side of Aiden's face was paralyzed for a while.  Back then, we were afraid it would be permanent, but as time passed, the movement slowly returned. We were QUITE relieved.  Although I miss his smile, it is only temporary!!! Plus, his 1/2 a smile is beautiful!!  Aiden was quite the character, today.  I know, he's always a character, but with his face so puffy, he looks so adorable.  I know that sounds bad, but you have to have some humor to get thru these tough times.  He's been putting everything in his mouth...it must not be THAT sore.  It's great that he's doing this because it is a pre-cursor to learning how to eat thru his mouth.  It shows that his oral aversion is getting less and less!  WOOHOOOO!  Bring on the pizza and ice cream!! We kind of took advantage of Aiden's late and LONG nap tonight and watched some good movies.  It's a rare treat since Aiden's come into our lives.  Once he woke up, he ate...played a little....and got a much needed bath.  That made him nice and sleeeepy. I was pleasantly surprised that he fell asleep at 3am after some IPOD watching.  (yes...I was happy!)  This is a short 'blog', I just wanted to say he's doing very well, and I also wanted to post the pics of Aiden's hardware.  Dr. Patel was nice enough to save them for us.  I think it's pretty cool...Aiden will love to see them in the future! 





Well, I have a little bit of a headache, so I'm gonna to finish up and  try to relax.  Sandy, our nurse, will be here before I know it....then I can really relax.  Nite nite!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment