Thursday, August 19, 2010

My 40th Birthday.... 8/18/2010

Today was my 40th birthday...and it wasn't bad at all!!  I think if it was maybe three years ago, I would have been horribly depressed...wondering what have I done with my life. But today I think to myself....I'm 40 and look at all I've done with my life!!!  This next chapter of my life promises to be full of joy and love. My life has only just begun!!! I've never been so happy, so content, so eager to see what the future holds.  I'm 40 and proud of it!

Today was wonderful.  First, I woke up to Aiden dancing in the cutest overalls...they were way too long, but that's what made it so friggin cute!  I got my breakfast and did my usual  Facebook wake up routine and was surprised with all my birthday wishes.  My goodness, it was amazing!  Sometimes I think I don't have many friends, but really...I've been blessed with so many!  Some I've known forever, some are my relatives, some are new friends.  I truly felt loved.  What made my 'morning' even better was when Juan's mother came to me and, in Spanish, told me happy birthday and how much she loved me....and Aiden.  I was so very touched.  It meant the world to me. Juan was at her side and he translated everything for me...although I felt I understood every word.  She is the best mother-in-law I could ever ask for!

My Brother, Rich
After breakfast, I took my shower and got everything ready to head over to Rich and Katie's house.  Poor Aiden had to be lulled out of sleep.  I couldn't imagine having my mom only 25 minutes away and not spending my birthday with her.  We had such a lovely time!  We ordered pizza and just enjoyed each others company.  It was such a beautiful evening, we sat outside on the porch and watched the kids play.  Ivan, Aiden's brother came along...always loves to play with Ryan and Logan!  Spending time with my family was the best gift I could have gotten. I couldn't have asked for anything more.  Turning 40 was quite painless!  I look forward to my next 40!!  It's only going to get better...


My Mom, Aiden and Logan
Well, I better start feeding Aiden.  Tomorrow I'm getting my hair done...thank GOD!  It's loooong over due.  I cannot WAIT!!!  There is nothing like a fresh new do.  Good night everyone ...sweet dreams!


No comments:

Post a Comment