Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Happy 20 Month Birthday, Aiden!! Sept. 14, 2010

I cannot believe that today Aiden turned 20 months!  It's crazy!  Where has the time gone???  Well, today was pretty good.  Aiden slept through the night last night, although he was all over the place...crying and whimpering in his sleep.  That's very rare, but we're positive it was just nightmares.  He never opened his eyes and he stopped suddenly.  At first I thought he was in pain.  We brought Aiden out to his crib in the living room when Sandy, our nurse got here.  But he ended up waking up anyways.  I don't think he was ready to, though.  He proved it when he fell asleep after his 7:30am breakfast.  I guess he just wanted to see mama before she went to bed...yeah...that's it! 

I went to bed pretty quickly...I was so tired from being up all night.  Sometimes I handle it better than others. I slept till around 3pm and went straight out to the living room.  Nurse Sandy told be all about the pin turning today.  I guess he threw up after the first side.  I guess they realized after that happened that his lunch was an hour later, and he might have still had food in his belly...so when he fussed and got mad...he threw up.  He also think he has a LOT of saliva from teething...and maybe the jaw distraction.  After the 2nd side, he fell back to sleep...thank GOD! 

Juan came down from upstairs and told me good news and bad news.  The good news first...his voucher for certification classes has been approved and he starts classes next week!!!!  We are soooo excited about the potential!  He will be much more desirable on the job market when all is said and done.  The bad news is, Cheri from DSCC (Division of Specialized Care for Children) called and told us that the state wants to cut our nursing hours from 63 hours per week to 49 hours.  I was floored!!!!  Seven hours a day????  The state doesn't realize that I'm up ALLLLLLLLLL nite and I need to sleep SOME time..and soon, Juan will be working.  Plus, all of Aiden's appointments and pending surgeries...not to mention MY appointments and possible surgery.  This could NOT have happened at the worst time.  UGHHHHHH!!!!!  But we are going to appeal.  We are going to appeal like HELL!  I don't think the state realizes what it's like to have a child with a trache and all that goes along with it.  Growl...growl....GGGGROWL!!  Anyhoo...that didn't put me in the best mood.  But Aiden quickly picked me up out of my funk with his first crooked smile (the left side of his face is still kind of numb). 

Once he woke up, we realized that he is not in any pain...he's still the happy-go-lucky Luv Muffin who makes us laugh.  After we ate dinner, we took Aiden outside with us...it was starting to get dark.  It was a lovely evening to sit outside.   We kept pointing out planes that were flying up above.  Eventually, Veronica and Karla came out, as well as Ivan.  It was actually starting to get a bit chilly so we decided to go back in...plus, the Luv Muffin was HUNGRY!!!  So we fed him.  I got to chat with my sister while he ate.  She was out walking her pooches...Bailey and Max (in Washington State, where she lives).  I don't think I've talk to her since the surgery.  That's insanity!!  Oh, how I miss her so!!!  After Aiden's dinner, we played and played. Soon it became obvious that Aiden was exhausted...so we did his evening 'care', trimmed his nails...which he amazingly allows me to do...now THAT'S trust, and got him ready for bed.  I was right...Thomas the Train on the IPod is now the nightly routine.  I must admit, I love it.  Eventually, Aiden fell alseep in my arms.  Now he's eating and I'm blogging away!

Veronica, Karla, Ivan and Aiden...
Shootin' the breeze...as my Dad used to always say...

 As I look at pictures side by side, I could SWEAR that I can see the difference, all though small, already!!!  Can you??? (this distraction is to only move the jaw forward...not downward) I'm so excited!  Well, I better scoot!  Aiden's food is about to be done....  Good Night Y'all!!!



Taken Sept 14, 2010

Taken Sept 8, 2010


 





  






No comments:

Post a Comment