Sunday, October 31, 2010

Look Who's Talkin'! 10.30.2010

Today was short...but incredibly sweet.  It started off with me waking up WAY too late.  6:15pm to be exact. OY!  I must've needed the sleep...I dunno.  I took a quick shower and headed into the living room where Aiden was chatting away. (his usual 'new' way...through his mouth)  He grabbed me right away and wanted to read some books.  I'm telling you, he's starting to know ALL the animals.  I ask him where the cow is...he points to one.  The dog and cat are his favs. Juan and I were starving so he ordered pizza from Danny's right down the street.  Unfortunately...I wanted green peppers...I knew that was a BAD idea and I'm in so much pain right now.  They NEVER used to bother me before I got pregnant.  Go figures.  We ate our pizza and watched a movie (Killers...pretty good movie...I was surprised) while Aiden played and 'ate' his dinner.  Once Aiden was done (as were we), he was set free to romp around and play.

Suddenly, Aiden hopped on my lap wanting me to bounce him...so I obliged.  He started talking...but there was something different this time.  He started making changes in pitch...like saying 'ayayayayay'...and quite loudly!  His mouth was open and he was smiling.  I started copying him and he was smiling and repeating me.  I was asking Juan if he was hearing it...he turned down the tv and listened...it brought tears to his eyes.  Aiden figured out that moving his newly 'found' tongue changes the pitch of his voice!! Something we have been waiting for for 21 months!!  I think this is the start of him really starting to talk...forming words...learning how to make different sounds.  Before surgery, all he could do was make sounds through his trache...he couldn't use his tongue or move his jaw.  It's different now and I think Aiden is starting to realize that.  It's so amazing.  Soon we wont be able to shut him up!  Teehee...not that I would ever WANT him to.  I appreciate the miracle so much more knowing what he went through to get to this point. I'm so excited to see what he does next!!  I was so happy when he was talking that I called my mom as he was babbling and she totally heard it!  He did stop once he knew he was being listened to...typical!  But I did manage to video tape it...they are down below.  Soon after I got off the phone with my mom, he had totally fallen asleep sitting in my arms.  It was so sweet.  So I gently changed his diaper...put on his pjs....gave him his ear drops and we put him to bed.  He's been sleeping quietly ALL night.  I took advantage of Aiden's early bed time and did some cleaning and laundry.  It made me feel better about over sleeping.  Tomorrow is Halloween...that should be interesting.  So that was our incredible day...now watch the videos...two were not posted on Facebook.  Good night everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment