Monday, November 1, 2010

TRICK OR TREAT!!! October 31, 2010

This has to be one of my most memorable Halloweens I've had in a long LONG time!  I made myself wake up around 2:15pm so I could eat, shower and get ready to celebrate Halloween with Aiden and Juan.  Once I was ready, we did a super quick trache change on the Luv Muffin...went without a hitch...as always.  Then we immediately began transforming the Luv Muffin into Elmo.  He didn't complain ONE bit!  Holy cow, was he cute!!!  There is something about that costume...and there is something about Aiden.  You put them together and it's the most adorable thing on earth! I was a little worried because Aiden hadn't yet had a nap, but we didn't hesitate.  We got his costume on...shoes on...grabbed his little red car....grabbed his suction machine....grabbed his pumpkin candy bucket...and we were out the door!  Nurse Sandy came along...as well as Veronica, Chuck and Karla.  Karla was dressed so cute...as Fiona.  First we took some pictures, then we went to our first house.  Our neighbors to the right of us.  She must have been expecting us because she had beanie babies for both Aiden and Karla.  So awesome!  Did I mention how great the weather was?  Sunny and about 65 degrees.  Perfect for Aiden's first Trick or Treating experience.
 

We all went from house to house...Aiden seemed to really enjoy it!  No complaints at all.  Poor Juan had to carry him, though.  I tried to carry him for one house and I thought I was gonna die.  He's heavy and I'm so outta shape.  Not a good combo!  Oh...goodness, we had a good scare....Veronica totally took a spill!  She didn't see a huge crack in the side walk and she landed on her hands and knees.  Thank GOD Chuck had Karla.  I think that took the fun out of Trick or Treating for Veronica, she also had a cold...so they headed back.  Juan, Aiden and I continued on.  We did two blocks.  Lots of people loved Aidens costume.  He totally had the cuteness factor on his side.  Heehee!   One house was awesome!!  Everywhere you looked, there was something scary to look at.  I loved it!  By the time we got home, my hands were frozen and Juan was about to drop.  Aiden scored LOTS of candy!  Not bad for the first time!!  As we were headed in, Michelle and Eric pulled up and we got some pictures of them with Elmo.  Once we got in the house, Juan headed upstairs with Aiden, and I went downstairs to prep his food. I did some of my 'chores' and then headed upstairs for a little while before Aiden had to eat. 








Aiden was sitting on my lap facing me and he started talking, but THIS time, he started moving his jaw as he spoke!!  It was awesome!!  A first!  I couldn't believe it.  He's just learning everything...one by one.  He's so close to saying mama...all he has to do is close his mouth.  I was so happy!  I was yelling..."JUAN!"  And I just so happened to have my camera...I'm so lucky like that.  So I have the videos below.  I  seriously don't know if Aiden will need jaw joint surgery after all.  Time will tell.  He keeps shocking us on a daily basis.  His jaw opens more and more!  SO EXCITING!!  Unbelievable!  Juan was cracking us all up because he put Aiden's Elmo costume on his head.  He looked like Elmo with a mullet...or it looked like Elmo was EATING him.  Silly Juan.  Soon it was time for Aiden to eat.  I was so afraid he was going to fall asleep any minute...but it was too late!!
 
 After he ate, we played and played.  Every now and then I would catch him with his eyes closed.  Juan with his mom to the Greek store, so it was my job to KEEP HIM UP!  It wasn't too hard.  He was in a jolly mood...a little wobbly, but jolly.  Of course he wanted to read, and he wanted to play with the air ball toy. Thankfully, Juan came home and took him upstairs so I could eat.  Luz was upstairs and she wanted to see Aiden.  It was also a good way to keep Aiden awake.  While they were upstairs, I ate and uploaded pics of our Halloween on Facebook.  About a 1/2 hour later, Juan came down with a sleeping Aiden.  I guess Juan put him in his old jumpy.  First he shook...all scared...then Juan sang the jumping song and he jumped and jumped...till he fell asleep.  At least he made it to 9:15pm.  Not toooo bad.  We got him ready, got his boppy set up, put his pjs on, did his ear drops, got his food and antibiotics ready, and put him to sleep.  Juan got creative and thought of hanging the feeding bag over the bed on the curtain rod.  Worked perfectly.  Aiden ate as he slept.  He's been sleeping since.  Lots of suctioning, though.  I don't think it's his pneumonia or anything...just that stretchy, annoying saliva.  So frustrating!  Juan tried to go to bed early.  His second certification starts tomorrow at 9am!  (till 5pm...it's like a full work day!)  I hope he gets good sleep.  The suctioning, I'm sure, keeps waking him up.  UGH!  Anyhoo...that was our Halloween.  It was a memorable one, for sure!  Good night everyone.  Don't forget to watch the videos...there's an extra one that wasn't uploaded on Facebook.


1 comment:

  1. wow how amazing! He is incredible! Just the most inspiring boy I have ever met!

    ReplyDelete